Follow Vocab Voyage on RSS!

Wednesday, 15 April 2015

VV News - さくら。 The transcription is up.






Here's the script of the first story for your reading pleasure. Members, yours is in your Inbox. Articles are linked right at the bottom. Right at the bottom. 

Good morning, and welcome to Vocab Voyage News of the day. I've been a bit quiet. I've 
been a bit busy. So here we go.
Cherry Blossoms, one of our subjects for April, so I thought I'd do a bit more of a news 
thing on it. Not so much news today. I felt a bit bad. The last Vocab Voyage News 
(on Cherry Blossoms) where I talked about how it was all going bad for the cherry 
blossoms. So today, I'm just going to talk lovely stuff about the cherry blossoms. 
If you want to go to our website www.vocab-voyage.com 
Find out what we do. Find out how to get a free go for a month. Wow!
OK. So spring has sprung. Spring has sprung all around the world, in the northern 
hemisphere anyway. Spring has most definitely not sprung in New Zealand. Autumn has 
come around, and winter even. They had an Antarctic front come over the country, and my mate, he showed me it snowing outside (on Skype) out his window. I told him I didn't want to see snow anywhere, not even on my computer during the summer. I see enough 
of it in winter. So the first place they look at...., they've got a whole bunch of nice 
pictures of spring around the world. Not cherry blossoms exactly, but you've got 
Patagonia you've got frogs, you've got Kamakura, you've got Suffolk (England), you've got 
Northern Ireland, Barcelona, Horse chestnuts, and Canada. So there's some nice pictures there. 

If you take a free trial of Vocab Voyage, this is what you'll get:

-     the vocab lists for the month (English and Japanese, in same order as the                             YouTube clip)
-     the article the words came from. (again in the same order)
-     a test on the 15th of the month (same as the Questions I put up everyday, but all the             subject questions  at once)
-     answers to the test, and the vocab definitions of the three 'incorrect' words in                         English and Japanese
-     you can go on the private Facebook forum, or contact me directly with any questions

1 subject ¥400, all three subjects ¥990 (if you decide to continue after your absolutely free trial)

Here's the links to the articles I talked about:
The Guardian, Inside Scoop SF, Wall Street Journal