Food. I love it. You love it. We all love it. Many people will be trying to love it not quite so much for their New Year Resolution - including me perhaps. Have a look at the Food vocab list and YouTube clip to get your brain in 'food vocab mode', and then read (and listen to the YouTube clip above which is the same as this blog, word for word) about food trends.
Food trends. Just like fashion, different foods go in and out of favour with the dining public. What was big last year (in Boston, U.S).
- Ramen is always good. If the folk in Boston who are loving ramen could come to Sapporo and get some miso ramen in them they would never go back to the Boston stuff, I'm sure.
- Doughnuts - note the traditional spelling of the doughnut, rather than donut
- wood-fired and smoked stuff - wood-fired pizza. Yum yum.
- Beer cocktails - don't understand it. Beer is fine by itself.
- Kale - it's super healthy so people were eating heaps of it, but adding lots of dressings to cover up the awful taste. Haven't tried it myself.
- Avocado toast. Avocado used to be called an 'alligator pear'. Tastes good, but is quite fattening.
So that was last year. What trends are coming in 2015? Let's look into our crystal ball ...
1. Paleo/vegan diet - eating what cavemen used to eat - minus the meat. I can't see that one working for me.
2. Moringa leaves - from the leaves of a tree in Northern Africa, and kind of like spirulina.
3. Hemp leaves - good oils and stuff. Just forget it is cannabis (marijuana) and you'll be alright. Not sure it'll take off in Japan.
There are two more, but I don't want to spoil all the surprises. Pop over to the link above an find out.
- Butter in coffee to help with weight loss?
- Mono-meals. You can eat as much as you like, but as long as it is only one food.
- Keto-diet plan. Low-carb/high fat
- Ear stapling. Putting a staple in your inner ear to activate a stress point that suppresses appetite